Jul 11, 2017
We know the truths of the Catholic Church. We love the truths...and yet it can be so hard to say those truths to the people we love. Why is that?
Today I dive into these issues and talk about why it is so important that we have the courage to say those hard words to the people in our lives. We need to move beyond causal friendships and seek the good of the other by confronting the sins or ignorance that they are allowing to control their life.
But how do we say these things in a way that will actually help? Out of love.
To say the hard words of out love we need to:
1. Address a specific person about a specific situation.
2. Inquire and find out the truth of the matter directly from the person in question.
3. Let them know that you have heard what they have to say and you understand.
4. Share the truth of the church in a way that is loving and gentle, without watering it down or changing it.
5. Share the beauty of that truth.
It is tough and scary, but I really believe it is crucial that we speak up about certain key topics including the sacraments, issues of life and issues of respect.
It's hard, it's scary. But we need to say the hard words to those that we love. We need to be that one voice for truth, because there might not be any others.
Prayers for you in this hard work--and prayers for the work in front of me as well!